To end the year will be my last list of '07, the best of the rest, Tv and Movies and any other random thing I can throw in. Neither medium made a particular impact on me this year so I combo'ed them. Here it goes...
10. Knocked Up - It seemed like a sad year for movies, though I still have to watch the Bourne Ultimatum. This tv sitcom turned movie did bring the funny and was the most enjoyable movie I saw this year.
9. American Idol - Probably the dullest season in Idol history, if it wasn't for the truly horrible Sanjaya it would have been a snoozefest.
8. Kaze No Haruka - A Japanese soap opera whose title translates to some girl's wind. Sappy and innoctuous yet completely watchable.
7. WWE Raw - Wrasslin's premier show continued to deliver what watchable moments the WWE could generate including the return of Chris Jericho.
6. Live Earth - Global charity concerts have become a dime a dozen lately, but this was the best one as far as the actual event went. Musicians from all genres performed on a stage that seemed to be designed by Target. Any sense of political message was muddled and lost but the coverage of the event was miles ahead of Live 8 - a boon for any music fan!
5. Ninja Warrior - G4 imported the best obstacle course show I've ever seen. A show that emphasizes sportsmanship and integrity when facing some of the most fanciful barriers conceivable. There's a rumor American TV is trying to make their own version of Ninja Warrior, but I seriously doubt they can copy the heart of this program.
4. Flight of the Conchords - quirky music comedy on HBO about two struggling comedy folk singers from New Zealand trying to make it in the Big Apple. They have a delusional manager, a blind innocence and exactly one fan. Great stuff.
3. Chuck - The comedy spy show is the rare show to have its cake and eat it too -humor is mixed with character development and a knowing wink at it's media savvy audience.
2. Best Week Ever - The snarkiest show on Tv, pop culture condensed into soundbytes by professional comedians. The year end show was an instant classic, seeing that NBC reporter send up his "To Catch A Predator" was spectacular.
1. Family Guy - The comeback kids turned in another season of ruthlessly harsh and scatological humor. Intentionally offensive, Family Guy was once again freakin' sweet.
That's it for '07, in fifteen minutes it will be 2008. See you next year!