Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Feeling Lucky

Admitted Grammy whore that I am, I thought I would dedicate this week to the dynamic duo of Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. So I am going to take what may be the shortest Flashback (in terms of years) ever and look back fondly at...2001. We had lived in our home for about two years, closely following WWF (not WWE, WWF pal) wrestling and our little dog (she was little once) Dixie had loads of energy to spare. I roamed around the Bay Area in my 1988 Honda CRX while sporting a mildly groomed beard. Also I recall playing a lot of Tomb Raider. And the only music channel we had was CMT, which led to me discovering my favorite Country artist and Country song. One of my all time favorite songs, really. "The Lucky One" by Alison Krauss. A real pleasant song with a nice melody, expert musicianship and a sweet vocal by Ms. Krauss. 2001, so far away yet so close.

Alison Krauss and Union Station "The Lucky One"

2 comments:

pamwax said...

Finally someone the old man and I are familiar with. BTW we also really like her.

Mr. Mike said...

Cool! Alison Krauss is an excellent artist.