Friday, June 18, 2010

How I Met Your Mother Is Legend - Wait For It - Ary


While I was laid off work I got into watching reruns of How I Met Your Mother. It was just something to watch at first, I'd seen episodes before and generally liked them. Watching the episodes on a daily basis changed my perception of the show, it went from being pretty good to...wait for it...legendary! HIMYM is a really good sitcom, one of the few good ones left (this and Big Bang Theory pretty much does it for me now on that front). The writing is brisk and knowing, picking up with near Seinfeld like precision on the little personal jags and habits of people and blowing them up to epic proportions. Great bits like the slap bet, the glass breaking with the mutual realization of an annoying habit, Canada trashing, Robin Sparkles...the list goes on. Best of all, a fine ensemble that includes totally awesome Neil Patrick Harris as the jaded womanizer Barney, the red headed girl from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and that guy that stars in a bunch of movies now like I Love You Man. So funny and so consistent, HIMYM has grown over the years and has become a fave of mine. Oh yeah, up top bro!
And now, the playbook by Barney Stinson where he reveals some of his best scams. My personal numero uno? The Lorenzo Von Matterhorn. Spells like it sounds, with two "t"s.

No comments: