Friday, February 15, 2008

Belated Valentine-Short Distance Dedication

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

I didn't have time to post on Valentine's day, so I thought I would catch up now. My wife had a tough day yesterday, she was hit by a pickup truck, almost got ran over by a Mack Truck and is feeling under the weather. Nonetheless, she made a delicious Italian dinner last night. So my Valentine's day post will be written in the form of a Classic America's Top 40 Long Distance Dedication. It goes like this:

"America's Top 40 is brought to you around the world and in places like the San Francisco Bay Area. Today we have a letter from a listener in the City by the bay and he writes-Dear Casey, my wife has had a hard Valentines day. First, she was hit by a pickup truck. Then, she was almost ran over by a Mack truck. And if things couldn't get any worse, she is not feeling well too. She has done so much for so many people that I would like to dedicate a song to her. Could you play "I'll Never Let You Go (Angel Eyes)" by Steelheart? It would mean a lot. Thanks. Sincerely, Mr Mike. Well Mr. Mike, coming in at #28 in the countdown, here's your long distance dedication. I'm Casey Kasem. Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars!"


Steelheart - "I'll Never Let You Go (Angel Eyes)

4 comments:

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Awww, that's so sweet, Mr. Mike. I think Mrs. Mr. Mike is a very lucky lady to have someone who cares so much. I hope she is feeling better, now.

pamwax said...

What a sweetheart you are. Thank you for taking care of our Mrs. Mr Mike with such love. She is a lucky lady as are you.

Jeannie said...

Mrs. "Mr. Mike" is indeed a lucky gal, but she's known this for a very long time.

Anonymous said...

Oh I miss Casey's long distance dedication :) Nice going Mike :) Poor Jeannie.. hang in there!