Sunday, February 10, 2008

Come Go Saturday Lovin' with Me

A few weeks ago my wife and I turned on the radio to entertain Dixie while we stepped out of the house. As soon as the radio snapped on, we heard the phrase "Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturdaaeee" and we both said "What is this song?" I guessed it was titled "Saturday Love" and by a stroke of luck I was right and my wife found it on You Tube. I've been listening to this song since then because it's drop dead catchy and my wife and I both like it a lot. The song also has a sound that takes me back to a time of sweaty crowded dance floors and smoke filled beer drenched clubs.

Looking back at my ill-conceived attempts to meet girls in clubs seems insane now, because I am not an outgoing person and can't dance at all. Genesis' "I Can't Dance" is practically my theme song on this subject. When I went through this phase, decked out in my finest acid washed jeans, worn brown leather jacket and a full head mousse slicked hair, Expose' was big and I really liked "Come Go With Me". I even went to Summerjam #2 to see them live (along with Sweet Sensation, Klymaxx, Cover Girls, Stacey Q, The System and Lisa Lisa with Cult Jam but not Full Force) only to miss most of their set except "Point Of No Return". So put your hands in the air and wave 'em like you just don't care, 'cause we're electric sliding into a double shot of 80's dance club fever!

Cherrelle and Alexander O'Neal - "Saturday Love"



Expose - "Come Go With Me"

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

You may have to think back long ago, but I actually did go "Saturday Lovin'" with you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MxmthbKZYU&feature=related