Thursday, August 16, 2007

1984 twenty three years later-looks a little scary!


We're getting into the second half of the year, the time when those slumbering giants of classic rock decide cash flow is needed for a new house. After a year that was mainly fueled by very lucrative Police reunion, every other band that was successful in 1984 decided it was time to cash in. It sounds bad...but hope is still alive!

Van Halen - The on again, off again, on again, off again reunion is on again for now. If they can keep Eddie Van Halen away from his multitude of vices and egotistical head games the band has a chance of making it through the tour. And that's assuming Diamond Dave doesn't piss off Eddie again! Can all the money in the world keep these two together? I don't know the answer to that or if they even still sound good but I really want to find out! I wanted them to stay away after the last failed attempt earlier this year but despite the warning signs (see picture above) I can't wait for their tour. What can I say, I'm their Mark, I'm a sucker.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - The Boss is coming back with a new album and tour with his legendary side band. These guys have never made a bad album before so there's no reason to think they would start now. It's called Magic. The album, that is.

The Eagles - weren't together in 1984 but I'm throwing them in anyway. The loonngg in production new album is going to see the light of day faster than Axl Rose can say "Chinese Democracy". The new song "How Long" harks back to the earlier, more country version of the Eagles and it's not too bad! Check out their website http://www.eaglesband.com/ to hear it.

Fortunately, one person who won't be going back to 1984 is me. High School, Clearasil, Manimal - I'm glad that's behind me. My wonderful wife has a birthday coming up which makes the present that much better! Don't fuck with Bonnie!

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Aw...I would have still liked you all scrawny and covered with pimples. Anyhow you didn't look like that at all! I've seen your pictures from back then- hubba hubba!!!

I loved Manimal! Did you know that?? Now you love me more, don't ya??

Well here you go honey. Enjoy!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQZxRH6uoiY