Sunday, December 16, 2007

Another Passing-Dan Fogelberg

Just found out that singer/songwriter Dan Fogelberg has passed away due to prostate cancer. Fogelberg was someone who dominated MOR radioplay in the late 70s with quiet yearning on hits like "Longer" and "Same Old Lang Syne". His music was like a warm blanket in cold weather-soft and comforting. Fogelberg was a respected artist and excellent storyteller, even his more moderate hits like "Make Love Stay" showed taste and a fine sense of restraint. But my favorite song of his was an upbeat song, "The Language Of Love" from the early 80's.

Dan Fogelberg - "The Language Of Love"

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

I am very sad. Dan Fogelberg was a wonderful musician, and his songwriting touched me a great deal. I will miss his voice.

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

His songs are certainly featured on the soundtrack to my life. What a loss for all of us.