Thursday, December 13, 2007

I'm a Legend in my own Mind!

Rock Guitar for Dummies - I love this game!

For my birthday, my parents bought me Guitar Hero 3 for the Playstation 2 game system. Now I can see what the big deal has been about. The game takes the template from the Dance Dance Revolution games and has you use your fingers instead of your feet. With this game, now you can play "Mississippi Queen" or "Barracuda" with your guitar and rock out. Best of all, no actual musical talent is required!

I tried for a while to learn to play an actual guitar and only got as far as picking notes. I found I lacked the ability to form chords or hold down precise fingerings on the fret board. But I can press big plastic buttons real well, so with Guitar Hero 3 I can finally excel at playing. And now I know why rock stars sweat so much, it takes a lot of energy to rock out. All these years, I thought it was just the hot lights that caused the flood of perspiration.

So thank you Mom and Dad for the great gift. Although it's not on the game, I thought the most fitting song to place at the end of this post is Nickelback's "Rockstar"

Nickelback - "Rockstar"

1 comment:

Jeb said...

NIce video game isn't it! I can't get enough of it either! Keep up the hard work!