Saturday, December 29, 2007

Behind the times and lovin' it

At the end of my last post, I wrote that I would list my Top 5 favorite TV shows from '07. But, in a The Spy Who Loved Me move (at the end of Spy Who Loved Me the movie promised James Bond would return in For Your Eyes Only but instead Moonraker came next) I've decided to write about the song stuck in my head.

It's not the normal type of song that I listen to, it's a modern pop kinda hip hop song. It was arguably the biggest pop hit of the Summer, it's Rihanna's "Umbrella". I didn't think much of it all Summer and it went away until the year end countdown shows kicked in. Now my thoughts often end in ela ela ay ay ay.

Speaking of Bond, the video features the singer in what looks like silver body paint. A little like Goldfinger! -finger -finger -ay -ay -ay. It actually has a bit of that Bond movie sound too. Maybe the song will lead to world peace as well? Geez, I really feel like I have to justify liking a song brought to you by Covergirl. I guess I really can't other than to say I like the song. So, six months after it was a hit, my song of the moment is "Umbrella".

Rihanna - "Umbrella"

No comments: