Saturday, December 08, 2007

Van Halen's Glory Daze

The original Van Halen: more hair, more spandex and a Mike Anthony to boot!

For my birthday, my mom bought me the book Van Halen: A Visual History 1978 - 1984. The book features fantastic photographs of the band from their hey day starting from the beginning of their recording career. If you would like a nice visual accompanyment to their classic albums, this book will definitely do the trick. The pictures are large and display the youthful power of the original VH. It tells the band's story through a variety of quotes mixing photographers, journalists and other musicians, adding new insight to a well worn saga. My favorite picture is the recreation of the Flag Raising at Iwo Jima they did for the US Festival. Thanks Mom!

To experiment more with this new fangled internet technology, I've added a Van Halen news section as well as CNN and VH1 headline news. I'm trying to increase my laziness by making the sites I go to come to me!

To close this post out, I'm including my wife's favorite Van Halen song "D.O.A." (it's just the song with the VH2 logo visually) along with a recent video of "Unchained". The "Unchained" video may be the best fan audience shot video I've ever seen, this person seemed to be really close to the stage as they performed at the Staples Center this year.


Van Halen - "D.O.A."

Van Halen - "Unchained" live at the Staples Center in LA

No comments: