Saturday, April 23, 2011

You Just Got Blazed!


Syfy channel has resurrected Star Blazers! This classic anime series recalls warm memories of watching it on the local program Captain Cosmic and his robot 2t2. I don't remember a lot about Star Blazers itself, just that I used to watch it daily. The giant battleship Yamato with the big cannon on the front would fly around and stuff would blow up. When you're a kid, that's all that really matters. Now I get a chance to see it and maybe understand what all the running and shouting was all about.


While looking up Star Blazers on the internet, found out a live action version of this was made in Japan. The trailer looks like Armageddon and Battlestar Galactica gone wild.

2 comments:

Arsenette said...

I.. friggin' .. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED Star Blazers! Omg.. I remember where I was when I first saw it.. I ran home every day to see the show.. Hurry Star Force.. only 200 days left!!!! LOL

Mr. Mike said...

Yeah! Star Blazers, Ultraman, that show with the 3 robots that get called from their volcano base via whistle...great after school memories :)