Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Feelin' it Again

Been busy lately, so just wanted to make a quick post the easiest way possible. So here's one of my all time favorite songs, "Feel It Again" by Canadian rockers Honeymoon Suite. The video was done in a totally 80's kind of way where all the objects like bright colored cut outs from a Colorforms toy (that toy is a flashback in itself. I think I had the Superfriends version). I really like how the song goes from it's atmospheric verse to the surging guitar powered chorus. In '86 I saw this band play at a festival headlined by Journey, my friend kept yelling "Honeymoon Suite's only fan!!" and pointed at me. The crowd was indifferent until they got to "New Girl Now", another great song by this group. Even years later in College I would play this song and my R.E.M. loving roommate would say "You like this?" (by the way, I like R.E.M. so that's not a knock on them). I've got time to Flash Back just one time today (like Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap), so put on your Miami Vice blazers 'cause it's time to Feel It Again!

Honeymoon Suite - "Feel It Again"

2 comments:

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Hey! You were not their "only fan". I loved this group. (Alabama, college, nightshift waitress in a coffee shop, partying...)

Mr. Mike said...

Cool! I'm glad I was not their only fan, they seemed to fade away after this which was too bad because I thought they were pretty good. I had the cassingle to "Love Changes Everything" and then they disappeared.