Sunday, January 20, 2008

Springsteen discovers White Flower Day at Macys

The Boss has released a third single and video from his Magic CD and it is one of the best songs on the album, "Girls In Their Summer Clothes". It was one of the first songs that stood out to me on the initial playing of the CD. It has really nice Brian Wilson style orchestration backing a relaxed beat and Springsteen singing in what he's termed his "romantic" style where he's a little more Roy Orbisonish. The song brings across a feeling of lost innocence and aging with a bit of happiness and sadness mixed together.

I liked this video even though visually I felt like I was watching a Department store clothing commercial featuring Johnny Cash (Springsteen slightly resembles the Man in Black with his big black coat). Nonetheless the video is a good fit for the song making it my Song of the Moment.


Bruce Springsteen - "Girls In Their Summer Clothes"

No comments: