Thursday, May 14, 2009

Big Time

Sarah Jessica Parker's fan club...(Borat voice)NOT!

Mr. Big was a band that too me was a little less than the sum of its parts. I'm a fan of Eric Martin's scrappy voice, Billy Sheenan's nimble bass and Paul Gilbert's wicked guitar so I feel like there's an abundance of talent in the group. It's just the songs they came up with weren't strong enough for me most of the time, though I liked the hits "Addicted To That Rush", "Just Take My Heart" and of course "To Be With You". After what was described as an ugly break up a few years ago, the fantastic four has regrouped and recorded a new song for a greatest hits set. "Next Time Around" is a good dose of classic Arena Rock by a couple of guys who know how to work the territory. Maybe I'll give that Lean Into It album another try.

No comments: