Sunday, April 27, 2008

Midnight Madness-Smackdown Edition 4/27/08


Degeneration X has two words for ya - Vote Now?

And now it's time for some Midnight Madness!

The Luck of the Irish - Carly Smithson's time ran out on AI this week as she was ejected following a strong performance of "Jesus Christ Superstar". Smithson took it well, one of the few to not bawl her way off the stage following elimination. As Randy Jackson said, this town needs an enema. Wait, it was Jack Nicholson that said that, Jackson said it looks like it was the popularity vote this week. With Smithson and Mercado delivering the best performances of the night and ending up in the bottom two, dawg was right. Carly finally got to clear up something post-Idol, her tattoo is not of Amy Winehouse...

I Told Ya I Was Trouble - ...because if it was the tattoo would jump off Smithson's arm, head butt David Archuleta and choke out Jason Castro with his dreadlocks. Amy Winehouse was arrested FOR BEING TOO REAL! Actually, Winehouse was arrested for hitting a man for getting in her way and head butting someone attempting to hail her a cab. The person I feel bad for is the guy, he has to explain to his friends that he got whupped by a 90 pound crackhead.

The Money Train - Meanwhile, actor Wesley Snipes was sentenced to 3 years in prison for tax evasion. You ever see that movie Jungle Fever? That was a good movie. It has nothing to do with Snipes' current problems, just wanted to say that movie was cool.

1987 Ain't Nothin' But A Number - Whitesnake released a new CD and Def Leppard have one coming down the pike too. In May, Dokken will have new material as well. I'll buy that for a dollar! Yeah, that's the ticket. The music scene is looking up!

No Air - Jordan Sparks had to cancel some concert dates due to vocal cord problems. Not good news, but a little ironic.


Velvet Revolving - The rumor is that Velvet Revolver is planning a website to audition new singers to replace departed frontman Scott Weiland. Couldn't they just get some hack from CBS Rock Star like everyone else? What ever happened to that Dilana girl? She was pretty good and I liked how she had lots of drama all the time. Meanwhile, Scotty boy is planning a solo album with producer Steve Albini which would have been big news if it was 1993.

Still Bleeding - On American Idol I finally heard that song "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis, it's been around for a while now and I kept ignoring it. Now that I've heard it, I can say I think the song is OK but can't believe it's causing a minor sensation. The music scene is looking down.

Situation #9 - Early 80's New Wave duo Yaz has reunited. Do I still have time to learn The Robot?

You Give Drunk Driving A Bad Name - Richie Sambora's slow downhill slide continues as he was fined for his March DUI. Something tells me Jon Bon Jovi will be recording a solo album soon. Bad Medicine indeed.

Politicians aim for the Chaingang Soldier vote? - I normally would ignore a meeting between the Presidential candidates on TV but then I found out they were on WWE Raw. I'm not going to say who I do or don't support politically, but since they are stooping down to talk my language this time Mr Mike will say this. Speaking only in wrestling terms, both Clinton and Obama come off stiff and genial allowing John McCain to steal the show. I never thought I would hear a politician quote Ric Flair, let alone do it convincingly. "To be the man you've got to beat the man"? Too funny. Somebody did their homework. I just can't believe they all passed up the chance to quote DX and tell the others to "Suck It!" following with a crotch chop, naturally.


The Dead Zone - One of the actors who I think has a truly original way of speaking is Christopher Walken. It seems he has picked up a cult of people who love to imitate his speech pattern. I'm a fan of Walken and his imitators (and do a bad imitation myself) so I thought I would include this amusing clip.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

"Why didn't anybody tell me that my Walken blew?"

Ha ha!!! I watched the whole darn thing and this was just crazy!