Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Party Out Of Bounds

The B-52's make another run at aging New Wavers. Where's Duckie?

The fun loving B-52's have been away for a while, but they've returned with some of their New Wave mojo restored. When it comes to the B-52's, I like the singles more than full albums because they're great to listen to in short funky blasts. Their single "Funplex" fits that bill nicely and Fred Schnieder remains a unique talent (which reminds me, I'll have to track down his classic "Monster In My Pants"). While time has removed some of their kitschy charm and given them an Addams Family vibe, the video has lots of neon so Roam where you want to for some darn Good Stuff!

B 52's "Funplex"

3 comments:

Arsenette said...

Never EVER thought I'd like B52's when I hear both Roam and Love Shack in the 1990's.. but find myself bobbing my head whenever I hear anything they do.. I don't own any CD's but still listen to them whenever I hear them on TV or internet. Never heard this song before.. bobbing my head..

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

I have to be in the right mood for the B-52's. Just like the Talking Heads. If I'm not in the mood for them, they just sound like noise. If I'm in the mood it sounds like the best stuff in the world.

Mr. Mike said...

I understand what both of you mean, with the B-52s I like the hits but don't feel the need to dig deeper. Sort of like a Home Run Hitter, they strike out a lot but when they get a hold of one they knock it out of the park. Next...more generic sports analogies!