Sunday, June 01, 2008

Midnight Madness 6/1/08 Edition

Clay Aiken, you ARE the father! Oh wait, you're not denying it...Everybody Wang Chung tonight!

It's been awhile since I've done a Midnight Madness post at midnight and I was dreaming as I wrote this, so forgive me if it goes astray...

Prince gets Creepy - While headlining the recent Coacherella festival, Prince performed Radiohead's "Creep" which was posted at You Tube. Prince went Lars Ulrich again and ordered it off just like all his other videos, but the problem is he was covering a song by a band that likes the internet and has told him to let it back on. This could turn into a nasty feud that will probably be fought with purple feathers and masters degrees. It's East coast versus West coast all over again.

Did we forget about them? - Simple Minds is reuniting it's original lineup to see if they can get alive and kicking again. I didn't even know it wasn't the original lineup anymore, I hope the reunion is more of the Breakfast Club sell out variety than the "Up in the Catwalk" era because I like my Simple Minds commercial.

You call him Dr. Jones, Doll! - Indiana Jones dominated the Memorial Day Weekend box office with something like $300 million plus in receipts. I'm looking forward to seeing this flick despite the following part...

The Heat is On - Eddie Murphy has officially joined in on Hollywood's latest trend of 80's movie francishise necrophilia by signing on for Beverly Hills Cop 4. All I know is they better bring back Judge Reinhold. Send in the Judge!

Sex and the City movie now out - Good, now the advertising for it can finally stop. Single women, raunchy talk, flashy dresses, prissy drinks- yes, I get it, I get it. Just not my bag baby.

Steve Perry Speaks - the website Melodicrock found a current interview with "The Voice" to coincide with the upcoming release of Journey's Revelation disc at http://men.style.com/gq/blogs/gqeditors/2008/05/foolish-foolish.html. Also included on the site is an article on Arnel Pineda's joining the group and a counter interview from Neal Schon where he says what he thinks of Perry.

Journey week - I think I'll make this a Journey (and Journey related to keep it varied) theme week to get ready for the upcoming CD. Even though I had initial doubts about Pineda, I can't help but get pumped for a new Journey CD. And Pineda is turning out to be a fine addition to the band, providing the spark the band needed to get back into gear.

Throwin' a curve - The Women's College World Series is constantly on ESPN right now and I'm finding it more entertaining than Major League Baseball. Having played coed Softball I have respect for women players and am finding more heart out of these college teams than any multi million dollar contract star players in the majors. These ladies throw some heat.

Go Speed Go! - The one good thing about the big let down that has been Speed Racer the movie is that it's revived the Alpha Team remix from the early 90's. I used to have the cassette single but I've lost it and couldn't find it online until hype for the movie kicked in. I'm not big on Techno, but like classic Speed Racer and found this song to be inventive and fun. Never saw the video until now though, it's awesomely bad in itself as it looks like a C&C Music Factory "Gonna Make You Sweat" video on a $5.00 budget. I didn't post it here, but the cassette single had three different mixes one of which took the Anime gasps of the characters to similate sex between Speed and Trixie. It's one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Alpha Team "Speed Racer Remix"

2 comments:

pamwax said...

The College World Series of Softball has been great but the umpiring has been brutal. I am also looking forward to the College World Series of Basball. The College level of sports are always more fun than the professional level.

Can't wait to see what you think about Indiana Jones.

Mr. Mike said...

I agree on the umpiring, I saw a game on Friday where the tie didn't go to the runner twice in one inning. The calls were made against both teams so it wasn't favoritism, just bad calls.