Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Awwww...Idol


I didn't get a chance to recap the Idol show last night. It was a little bizarre, particularly Kristy Lee Cook's odd version of "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" arranged like a European National Anthem. Front runners Brooke White and David Cook got a little self indulgent while David Archuleta played it safe but was strong enough to make a comeback. Carly Smithson gave a gave the best performance of the night in my opinion and was rewarded with a visit to the bottom three. Surprisingly Michael Johns avoided the bottom three despite his cliffnotes version of "A Day In The Life". Syeshia Mercado connected with "Yesterday" and delivered one of her best performances. Jason Castro and Ramiele Mulauby kind of snoozed thru their songs.

But my fave Amanda Overmeyer bit the dust tonight, taking away one of the most entertaining elements to the show (for me). Was it the "first to go on, first to leave" curse? Or was it the fact she could only do one style of song? At any rate, Overmeyer got the heave ho while Kristy Lee Cook continues to prove it's not musical talent that keeps you on the show. Bummer.

Amanda Overmeyer - "Back in the USSR"

3 comments:

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Sorry your girl got the boot, Mr. Mike. She was kinda scary looking to me, but... she had the guts to go do it, I didn't and never will. So who am I to complain?

Mr. Mike said...

It's a bummer she's gone when at least one lesser talent gets to stay, but that's the way it goes in Idol. I'll never audition either, mainly because I can't sing. The only time I sang in public in a Mall was to punish the salesman who insisted on giving me a karaoke mic. He spent half the song trying to get the mic back from me, but I wouldn't give it back until I had completed my Michael Bolton impersonation. He was gonna pay!

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Right on, Mr. Mike! Way to go! You have a devious little mind at times, don't you? Sounds like something I would do. Except maybe not sing. Even I can't stand the sound of my voice. HA!