Friday, May 09, 2008

Computer Blue

"Where is my love life? Where can it be? There must be something wrong in the machinery."

I've made some changes to my blog sort of accidentally on purpose. The pictures stopped working on the main part of the posts for some reason so I started posting pictures on the sidebar. Then I changed the template and rearranged the whole mess to fit the change. This morning, I found out on my wife's computer the pictures in the main part of the posts show on other people's computers, just not mine. But by then I had changed the blog already. It was clear to me my computer had been possessed by the spirit of Prince to do wacky things just because it can. Thankfully, I was able to turn the computer off before it started wearing assless chaps. So I changed the template again to this sort of polka dotted shower curtain look which works for me for now.

Anyway, the blog has a new look which was probably a little overdue. And all this reminded me of the old movie Electric Dreams (1984) which was this boring movie about a guy trapped by his computer. So, here's Phil Oakey of Human League performing his lost solo soundtrack song "Together In Electric Dreams" from the movie Electric Dreams. And I think I'll throw on Human League's "Human" too, just because I haven't heard that song in decades.

Phil Oakey "Together In Electric Dreams"

Human League "Human"

6 comments:

Arsenette said...

Omg.. Assless chaps... ROFL .. have to get used to the look but glad the page works! Keep up the great work! P.S. Am I the only one that still actually LIKES "Purple Rain"?

Mr. Mike said...

Thanks Arsenette! My wife and I both like Prince's music and the Purple Rain album, so you are not alone in your appreciation of The Artist.

A side note, I couldn't find it online but your post reminded me that Rick Springfield covered "Human" a few years ago for an album. It was pretty good.

pamwax said...

I like the new look. Sometimes change is good for the soul. Wish I could comment on the music but musically I missed the 70's, 80's and 90's.

Mr. Mike said...

Thanks Pamwax! I'll have to throw in some music from other decades to broaden it more in the future. My wife got me into The Doors and The Stones, neither of which I listened to much before we met. I also like some of the folk rock and psychedlic bands like Jefferson Airplane and Love. I'm glad you like the new look, I'm starting to like it more now because it's brighter and easier to read. And I finally found a way to get that sidebar to reach the bottom of the page. Symmetry at last!

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Hey Mr. Mike! Nice look. Kinda freaked me out when I first popped in this morning to check up on you. :)
Count me among The Artist fans. Love Prince, the artist formerly known as... whatever he's calling himself these days... the man has too much talent for one body and soul to contain, sometimes it comes out backwards, sideways, and upsidedown, I'm convinced.

Mr. Mike said...

Thanks Some Kinda Wonderful! Completely agree that Prince is amazingly talented, he plays like 15 instruments. I can't play one!