Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

One last post for today, it's Memorial Day which is meant to remember the Veterans of past wars and current ones. So a big "thank you" to those people who have in the past and are currently fighting for our Country. I try not to get too political on the Internet so I'll leave it at that. A wise man, I think it was Sammy Hagar, once said "Remember The Heroes". So here's a clip of the Red Rocker performing that song from the Three Lock Box album. The video quality is not very good, just a general warning, but it's hard to find performances of this song online.

Sammy Hagar "Remember The Heroes"

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

Very nice post, hubby. I haven't felt very patriotic lately, but in no way does that influence the respect I have for all of the people who are serving in the military.

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

I think of them all the time. I have family members that have seen battle in almost every war (or police action) that this country has ever fought. From the Revolution, to both sides of the Civil War, right up to the current war in Iraq. I thought I had no family in the first gulf war, but it turns out that my second cousin's youngest son served in that one. Service to our country has always been a big thing in my family. And duty and honor and responsiblity. Times like these stretch those bonds to the breaking point... then I realize that this country is not THE PRESIDENT, not THE CONGRESS. It's not those yahoos in Washington, it's us, me and you and my however many greats grandfather who fought for the South and his brother who fought for the North, and my grandma's brothers who fought in WWII and it's my grandma, too, who raised 8 kids and hoed cotton and washed clothes on a scrub board and walked down a long dusty dirt road to go vote. Not with any real hope that her voice would be heard, but because it was her duty and her responsibility. It was her service to her country. And it's the one thing we all can do.

Mr. Mike said...

Good points and I agree that voting is something we all can do. Just because we're not superdelegates doesn't mean we don't count (just like throwing that buzz word around, I don't know what a superdelgate really is. But it sounds Super!)