Monday, May 26, 2008

Weezer Tube

The band Weezer is readying their new CD, the third one in their career to be titled Weezer. I can't claim to follow the band's every move or anything but I've consistently liked their CDs so I've been curious how this one would sound. Showing they have lost none of their quirkiness, they've written a song about record industry pressure to have a hit tune and supplied a video that reads like You Tube's Greatest Hits. References to Mentos with Coke, Leave Britney Alone, the Numa Numa guy and more are packed into this creative vid. Looking forward to hearing more Weezer!

Weezer "Pork and Beans"

3 comments:

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Weezer is like one of those secret "guilty pleasure" things. I love them.

Mr. Mike said...

Weezer is a fun band that rarely has a bad album (I think Maladroit was the only weak one of what I have).

Some Kinda Wonderful said...

Yeah, from what I've heard of their music, they are fairly light hearted and fun. Although if you look for it, there does seem to be a serious message in their music. Or is that just my cynical, conspiracy theory attitude? Either way, it doesn't cut into the lightheartedness if you don't want to hear their message.