Sunday, May 04, 2008

Midnight Madness 5/4/08

Paula Abdul see's the future and makes her predictions for 2008-every teenager at Disney will be a slutty parent soon, Mariah Carey will star in Dreamgirls 2: The Final Frontier and Michael Johns will be the next American Idol!

It's Sunday, that means it's time for a little Midnight Madness!

Comcast Cares - My wife and I volunteered to help for Comcast Cares Day in our locality. We had a fun time and am sore from a lot of hard work. But it was worth it. Think of the children! Won't someone think of the children?

Achy Breaky Jailbait - The biggest news in entertainment was Disney tween star Myley Cyrus showing a little bareback in Vanity Fair. In a huge move of damage control, Cyrus and Disney has tried to make it seem like she was duped and spin Annie Lebowitz into Cruella De Ville. While I don't find the pics particularly appropriate for her age, I think they were intentionally done as a career move until Disney said "We're sick of you teen girls, you need to learn to keep your clothes on and legs closed. There's billions of dollars at stake knuckleheads. Can we go back to animation now? Cinderella never took off her top and got pregnant."

Rush, Rush - Carole King clone Brooke White was eliminated from American Idol this week, but the real news was Paula Abdul's spacey review of Jason Castro. Abdul reviewed two songs for Castro, saying the second one wasn't showing his desire to win. Once it was pointed out to Abdul the second song hadn't been played yet, she became her befuddled self and blamed the program's hurried format this week for the error. Castro sighed in relief because he knows for one week people won't be focusing on his believed "medicinal" issues but his judge instead. Meanwhile, Brooke White faced the firing squad with tears in her eyes and said "Go ahead and shoot, you are only killing a man." Nah, actually she cried her way through "I Am I Said" after Seacrest confirmed what she already knew. Syesha Mercado is the last girl left standing! Didn't see that coming at the start of the Top 12.

Gimmie Those Chips - The new Grand Theft Auto game has been released but because it's on the new gaming platforms I won't be able to lose hours of my life playing it :(

Carey-oke - Rumors are flying that multi octave diva Mariah Carey married actor/singer Nick Cannon but of course it's mildly hush hush like another recent pop hip hop wedding. Meanwhile, Beyonce wonders if she jumped off a bridge would Mariah follow a week later?

Sick As A Dog - This year hasn't been great for the health of my wife and I so far. Now, our dog Dixie is not feeling well and we'll be taking her to the vet today for some TLC. Of course, a song gets stuck in my head that goes with what happens in my life and in this case it's Depeche Mode's "Shake The Disease". So that's what I'll close with, though Quarterflash's "Shakin The Jinx" came a close second.


Depeche Mode "Shake The Disease"

4 comments:

pamwax said...

I will weigh in on the Myley Ray debacle. While I do believe Libowitz should have known better than to take a picture like that of a 15 year old, her Grandmother was there. If someone was trying to take a picture like the one in question of my granddaughter at 15 I would have the good sense to put a stop to it.

It was a wonderful thing you and your wife did for the kids. Thank you from all the rest of us for your good deeds.

I hope the puppy dog is feeling better now.

Mr. Mike said...

Thanks Pamwax! Dixie is doing a little better, she has a temporary diet of rice and cottage cheese plus some medicine. Hopefully it will help her with her problems, she seems a little happier now that she has been to the vets.

Arsenette said...

It has been a crazy week hasn't it? I had to laugh at the Beyonce/Mariah comment.. and I don't even follow ANY of them.. :D (Last Mariah Carey album I heard was Vision of Love.. that should tell you something..) and Beyonce.. I've only seen her in commercials..

Miley Cyrus.. knew exactly what she was doing. The picture of her and her father was ... creepy.. seeing her in a sheet after that didn't phase me.. friggin' prostitots these days.. That's what people get when they hold celebrities in a light and somehow have them raise their kids.. so happy I'm not a parent these days.. (off my soapbox now :D

Mr. Mike said...

Hi Arsenette! Yes, I have to agree that the picture of Billy Ray with his daughter lying in his lap like a Calvin Klein model is creepy. I hope they don't sit like that at home.