The One Where Rachel Gets Dumped Again - I feel bad for Jennifer Aniston, she split with playa soft rocker John Mayer and now everyone thinks she's damaged goods. Not to get all Star magazine, but remember when Aniston and Courtney Cox were all over that dreadlocked Counting Crows guy? What was up with that?
Jerry Wexler passes away - One of the reasons Atlantic Records is a music legend, Wexler was important in signing or developing acts like Aretha Franklin, J. Geils Band, Led Zeppelin and Ray Charles. Modern music wouldn't have been the same without him.
It's Britney, B*tch - Rumors are that Britney Spears may return to the scene of last years crime at the Video Music Awards. I have a feeling she won't perform so she won't crash and burn like last year, it sounds kinda boring.
Lawyers in Love - Long time Democrat Jackson Browne is suing John McCain for using his song "Running on Empty" in a campaign commercial. To which McCain replied "Sir, I knew Glenn Miller and YOU are no Glenn Miller!" He didn't really say that, it's just the best joke I can come up with right now.
It is not time for a Love Revolution - Despite rumors, Lenny Kravitz will not be joining Velvet Revolver. Sorry guys, Lenny can't fake the funk. At the rate they're going, pretty soon they can form a band out of people who didn't want to be in Velvet Revolver. Speaking of which...
More Chinese Democracy rumors - The latest word is the long brewing Axl Rose led Guns N Roses album is again close to release. Though I'm sure it will make money, I still think this disc is more interesting as a mystery than anything that was actually recorded. But I haven't heard the recently leaked tracks so who knows? Oh yeah, people who have heard the leaked tracks.
Private Sessions with Foreigner - Sounds nasty! But seriously, it's a program on A&E that the long running AOR band recorded some songs for. And Daughtry's super duper edition of his debut album is said to include a version of "Feels Like The First Time". Too bad he couldn't do that one on Idol.
Stop Cloning now? - I generally try to stay away from movie reviews of something I might see so I can have an open mind when I view it, but negative reviews of The Clone Wars is all over the media. I'm still going to try to keep an open mind. These aren't the droids I'm looking for. Move Along. Move Along.
Something in the water - Swimmer Michael Phelps set a record for most Gold medals won at an Olympics this week while 41 year old swimmer Dana Torres took a Silver medal. USA! USA! In Hd! In Hd!
Summerslammed - I watched the Summerslam PPV this evening, the WWE put on a good show with strong production values.
Ywgnie! - Malmsteen's name came up recently so I thought it would be fun to post my favorite song of his, "Hiroshima Mon Amour" when he was with Alcatrazz.
- Jeff Hardy vs MVP - Two young and capable wrestlers have at it. Kind of so-so except for a whiplash belly to belly suplex where Hardy practically lands on his neck. Pretty physical matchup.
- Mickie James and Kofi Kingston vs Beth Phoenix and Santino Marella - Despite two belts on the line (Womens and Intercontinental) there is a lack of star power on this one. The talent is there but the match lacks oomph. Phoenix and Marella win the belts.
- Shawn Michaels and his wife vs. Chris Jericho - Following his recent eye injury HBK announces his retirement from wrestling. That is, until Jericho punches Michael's wife in the face! I have a feeling retirement is over.
- Matt Hardy vs Mark Henry - The match was mostly an excuse to get Jeff Hardy to run out and see the Hardy Boyz take out the Worlds Strongest Man. It's always great to see the Hardys in action.
- CM Punk vs JBL - A surprisingly good match, the wrestlers come from two different worlds (Punk is a high flyer, JBL is old school ground game). CM Punk and JBL literally knocked heads resulting in a bloodied Punk and a dazed JBL adding an extra edge to a fine match. CM Punk wins to retain the Championship title.
- The Great Khali vs Triple HHH - Mostly a squash match with Khali squeezing, slapping and hammering Trips six ways til, um, Sunday. Easily Khali's best match because he was working with The Game who knows how to sell and pace a match. Trips wins at the end with a Pedigree to retain the Championship.
- John Cena vs Batista - The clash of the babyface titans was a solid match with a lot of reversals. Batista wins with two Batista Bombs.
- Undertaker vs Edge - Hell in a Cell is a match type with a strong legacy tied to the Deadman. Most famous for Taker tossing Mankind off the top of a steel cage into an announce table several feet below, Hell in a Cell is known for big hits and blood. Edge and Undertaker do an excellent job of executing the big bumps by flying through fencing, taking tackles on top of tables and throwing people through the ring itself. A strong match that was very worthwhile.
Alcatrazz - "Hiroshima Mon Amour"